Dear Parents and Carers,
To celebrate World Book Day, we will be doing a variety of activities and most of them will need your help.
DURING THE WEEK, 2ND – 6TH MARCH 2020
Would you be you able to tell or read a story in your home language to your child. This could be done on any day during that week. If you can, please let your class teacher know. We feel this would greatly enhance the children’s experience of the day and give you a great chance to become involved!
ON TUESDAY 3RD MARCH 2020
A group of year 5 children from St Georges C of E Primary School will be coming to read with the children
ON THURSDAY 5TH MARCH 2020
- We are asking your child to bring their favourite book to nursery school to have read and shared with their classmates. (Please ensure their name is in their book!)
- We will be running a book swap. So please could you bring in good quality books that your child has grown out of to swap with others.
- The classes will have different story-telling activities throughout the day. Please feel free to stay with your child and participate.
Also on the day, your child will be given a World Book Day token. This can be redeemed for a FREE book in the following local bookshops:
- Review – Bellenden Road
- Tesco – Surrey Quays/ Elephant & Castle
- Sainsbury’s – Dog Kennel Hill
Please see this website for more participating stores https://www.worldbookday.com
We are looking forward to sharing this fun day with the children!
Thank you for your continued support.
Levia Ostrove-Pound – Head of School & SENCo