School diary for the last week of the autumn term:
to be sure that you are aware of what exciting things are happening leading up to the last day of term, we have created an events calendar below. You can also find a downloadable version of this information in the “Letters to Parents” section under the Newsroom heading.
Monday 19th December
- Normal school day
Tuesday 20th December:
Changes to School Day: On this day we will be holding parties for your children with an entertainer so we will not be operating normal school hours.
Please drop your child off at 11am and collect at 1pm. Party food will be served and children will watch a Mr Marvel live entertainer.
Please drop your child off at 1.30 and pick them up at 3.30. Party food will be served and children will watch a Mr Marvel live entertainer.
Full time children
If your child is full time all week, they may be dropped off at 11am and picked up at 3.30. They will see the same show twice, or you may prefer them to attend AM or PM session. If it is just your child’s normal lunch day they should only attend an AM or PM session
Wednesday 21st December:
No normal school: All children, with their parent/carer are invited to attend a community event in our hall between 10.00am-12.00pm. We will sing some songs together and serve fruit punch and mince pies.
PLEASE INFORM STAFF IN YOUR CHILD’S CLASS IF YOU DO NOT WISH THEM TO PARTICIPATE IN CHRISTMAS ACTIVITIES. WE RESPECT YOUR DECISION AND WILL COLLABORATE WITH YOU TO MAKE ALTERNATE ARRANGEMENTS.
Last day of autumn term:
Wednesday 21st December, 2016. We will finish at 12.00pm.
First day of the spring term:
Thursday 5th January, 2017. In the New Year….
- We will be opening up an additional class in 3 – 4 year old provision
- We will be continuing to offer Forest School Provision
- We will be trialling an Arts Project with the education department of the Globe Theatre for our Spanish speaking families
- We will be holding music workshops for children and staff
- We will be embedding our new story telling project, Tales Toolkit
- Some members of staff will be taking part in an educational visit to Sweden
- We will continue to develop a high quality learning environment to enhance your child’s learning and development.
Thank you for continuing to work in partnership with Ann Bernadt staff and giving your time to support the important work we do as a nursery. I’m sure you’ll agree that these formative years are so important…
We wish you all a wonderful time over the festive period and look forward to seeing you in 2017…