PLEASE NOTE: Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic across the country, Peer Massage is currently on hold until further notice. We appreciate your understanding and will let you know as soon as we start this offer again.
Ann Bernadt Nursery School believes that massage offers a wide range of benefits to young children and adults. Settings who embed massage as a valued part of their curriculum have found that it lowers stress levels, increases chances for better concentration in school and improves quality of sleep.
Massage techniques will be used on the following areas of the body:
Please note that children will remain clothed and we do not use oils.
Benefits of massage:
- An emotional fresh start
- Helps to provide an open, safe and secure environment for children to grow and develop in confidence and self esteem
- Learning about yourself, your body and your needs
- Gives positive touch a context
- Develops children’s ability to self-regulate
- Enables children to become familiar with appropriate forms of touch and develop their awareness of boundaries
- Empowers children and practitioners, strengthening the bond between them
- Develops fine motor skills, enhancing flexibility and dexterity