Children at Ann Bernadt have been participating in Talking Tables which is an intervention devised by Fleur Griffiths. Please see article: ‘Making Time To Talk.’
Every Thursday children who have been invited to participate are asked to bring in a toy from home. Children have the opportunity to talk about their toy during Talking Tables and there is scope for them to represent their experience through drawing and writing.
Talking Tables is multi-faceted with wide ranging benefits as documented below.
- Enhances children’s ability to listen and attend
- Develops concentration
- Promotes receptive and expressive language
- Broadens vocabulary and improves pronunciation
- Builds confidence
- Supports turn-taking and promotes emotional literacy
- Encourages interest in what others have to say
- Creates opportunities to develop literacy and maths skills
- Promotes cross curricular links
Click on the link below to download a flyer “Making time to talk”.
For a larger view, please click on the thumbnails below: